Over 1 month and an All-Star break have taken place since my last entry. As you’d expect, I have learned during that time that it is easy to get away from making official entries into an online blog during a Minor League season.
Here are some reasons* why:
- Rare Time Alone: 60% of my time is spent at a ballpark with 24 other guys. Fortunately for me, since the All-Star Break, much of the other 40% has been spent with my family or with my lovely girlfriend. As a result, my time alone in a dark corner has been limited–Human Interaction: 1; The Inside Fastball: 0
- Bad outings: Believe it or not, the first thing I think after giving up 5 runs in 4 innings is not, “Gee, I can’t wait to go blog about this.” It’s more like, “Dadgummit.”
- Rhythm of the Season: A Minor League season is extremely susceptible to groove-staying. What I mean is, whatever I have been doing, I am likely to continue doing. The All-Star festivities brought great family time, long days, and little time to write a blog. Since then, I have stayed in a similar rhythm of working, hanging out, and not writing blog entries.